Those who suffer from cystitis know how painful and debilitating it can be. Cystitis can be described as an inflammatory condition that affects the bladder and sometimes the urethra. You probably have cystitis if you face:
- A frequent urge to pass urine
- Sharp pain and burning sensation while urinating
The worst part about cystitis is that if not treated properly, it keeps coming back!
Most conventional treatments for cystitis involve antibiotics. While antibiotics help curb the infection, they also destroy the “good bacteria” in the vagina that are so essential for women’s reproductive health. Antibiotics may also give rise to “resistant strains” and cause the infection to recur frequently, leading to a chronic condition. This creates a dreadful cycle of cystitis – antibiotics – cystitis that is extremely traumatic.
If you are prone to frequent attacks of cystitis, you can stop the next one right in its track. Here’s what to do at the first sign of irritation:
- Drink plenty of Chamomile tea (which has anti-inflammatory properties) at frequent intervals and avoid caffeinated drinks.
- Increase your intake of fluids to flush out the bacteria from the bladder.
- Use COOLING ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND to prevent a full-blown attack.
COOLING essential oil blend is specially formulated to provide relieve from inflammatory conditions like Cystitis. It combines Bergamot, Lavender, Tea Tree and Niaouli, all of which have strong antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. I particularly love this blend because it is so safe, effective and easy to use.
Here’s how you can use it at home:
- Mix 6 drops of COOLING with 1 cup of plain yogurt (be sure it does not contain any sugars or starches)
- Fill a bath up to hip level, add this mixture and sit in it for least 15 minutes.
2) Sea Pearls or Tampons
- Add 6 drops of COOLING to 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda and dilute this in 2 ½ cups of warm water.
- Soak a Sea Pearl in it and insert into the vagina.
- Do this daily in the morning, and change the sponges every 6 hours.
- You can also use an organic tampon.
- Combine 3 drops of COOLING and 3 drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil with 1 tablespoon of Carrier Oil.
- Massage your lower back an lower abdomen twice a day
While this blend will give you instant relief from symptoms, it is important to remember that infections don’t go away so easily. Continue using the blend for at least ten days to get long-lasting relief.FIND OUR COOLING BLEND HERE:
COOLING ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND
Note: If your condition is severe and taking antibiotics becomes necessary, you can still use this blend alongside medical treatment. Not only is it safe, it will actually ease the inflammation and help restore the natural flora of your body.
© 2014, Cristina Proano-Carrion, Aromandina LLC
This information is based on traditional use of aromatherapy and it does not intend to diagnose or treat any condition. This information should not be used as a substitute for medical counseling with a health care professional. No part of this article may be reproduced in whole or in part without the explicit written permission of Aromandina.