Yes, you can use essential oils for a different and delicious dish:
8 sweet potatoes peeled and cut in small cubes
1 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup rum
2 drops ginger fresh e
1 drop cardamom
1/2 teaspoon of Garam Marsala spice (cinnamon, cumin, coriander, clove, cardamom)
1 cup mini marshmallows
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain the water.
- Mash to coarse consistency with a potato masher.
- Add drops ofginger and cardamom to maple syrup.
- With an electric mixer on low, blend potatoes, slowly adding coconut milk, rum and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to an oven dish or to a cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the marshmallows with the Garam Marsala powder until coated. Scatter the marshmallows over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 20 to 30 min. until heated through, and marshmallows are puffed and golden brown