Owing to stress and stagnant lifestyles, more and more couples are falling prey to infertility
every day. What follows is a rigorous treatment involving hormones and other medication which causes a lot of stress to the mind and body. Being unable to conceive causes immense anxiety and frustration which only grows with time – this worsens the hormonal imbalance and further reduces a woman’s chances of becoming a mother.
I can relate to the feeling as I have been through the same dilemma 16 years ago when I was trying to get pregnant. After 4 years of incessant but failed attempts, I created an essential oil blend based on my knowledge of aromatherapy
. My husband and I used this fertility aromatherapy blend during couple massage sessions.
The essential oils played an important role in restoring our hormonal balance and within a month, I was on my way to motherhood!
Essential oils have helped me in every phase of pregnancy and for many years after that. I have only aromatherapy to thank for blessing us with a healthy and cheerful child like Juan Martin.
Juan Martin, my aromatic son
I am glad to say that I have been able to help many women overcome their infertility problems and become happy and proud mothers.
The underlying causes of infertility in these women may be varied but the one common denominator was their anxiety to get pregnant and their disappointment when they tested negative month after month. Some of them combined my fertility aromatherapy blend and advice with other treatments – holistic, allopathic or both and some of them just used my oils.
There may be several physiological factors that can explain why essential oils could have helped to conceive- their relaxant properties, their ability to promote circulation, their phytohormonal properties or all of the above.
My personal experiences inspired me to formulateWoman’s Help Body Oil
, a special massage oil that incorporates the goodness of 4 highly effective essential oils that work on a woman’s body in different ways.
- Geranium Essential Oil : Balances out the hormones and stimulates the adrenal cortex. Works as an uterine and ovarian tonic. ¹
- Clary Sage Essential Oil : Helpful in relieving feminine problems, stress, depression and anxiety. It’s also said that it imitates estrogen, the feminine hormone.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Calms and relaxes the mind. Extremely beneficial for people who are in an unbalanced emotional state. ²
- Fennel Essential Oil: Has been known for thousands of years for its effects on the female reproductive system. Helps regularize menstrual cycle, specially scanty and painful periods. ³
Other very effective essential oils for infertility are: Cypress, Basil, Niaouli
and Rose Maroc
. Just add 5 drops of each oil to the Woman’s Help Body Oil
. It’s important to know that the above mentioned essential oil blend works for women and for men.
I would like to share my beautiful experience with all couples out there who suffer from different causes of infertility
. Although it may not be the ultimate cure, it certainly helps in more ways than one.
A relaxing aromatherapy massage concentrating on the abdomen and limbs has a physical as well as emotional benefit. The massage relaxes your mind and stimulates the reproductive organs while the essential oils do their job.
- Involving your partner in the process can bring you closer on a physical and emotional level. Indulge in couple massages to detoxify your bodies and build up intimacy.
The secret to success lies in cultivating a positive attitude towards yourself and your relationship with your partner.
- The use of essential oils does not interfere with any other treatments that you may be undergoing for infertility; in fact, it complements them.
- Instead of focusing on the end result, focus on the opportunity to enjoy this time of rediscovering as a couple.
- Feel good about your body and enjoy the process rather than worrying about the results.
References: ¹ ³ Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy An A-Z. Essex, England: The CW Daniel Company Ltd. 1992
² Worwood, Valerie Ann. Aromantics. New York, NY. Bantam Books. 1994
Worwood, Valerie Ann. The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, Novato, CA: New World Library.1991
How My Son Was Conceived with Aromatherapy
Can’t Get Pregnant? The Must-Read for EVERY Man and Woman
© AROMANDINA 2011 – Aromatherapy blog – All rights reserved
This information on this blog is based on traditional use of aromatherapy and it does not intend to diagnose or treat any condition. This information should not be used as a substitute for medical counseling with a health care professional. No part of this blog may be reproduced in whole or in part without the explicit written permission of Aromandina.
Also read: 3 Essential OIls That Enhance Fertility