Many of my clients have asked me for a couple of tips to help relieve their sinus congestion, especially during this time of the year.
Here’s a very simple step by step guide to keep your sinuses clear. It will be helpful to relieve allergy symptoms such as nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose and itchy, red, watery eyes:
Add about 3 drops of Allergy Calm* essential oil blend to a bowl of warm water and inhale for around 10 minutes to ease blocked sinuses, chest complaints and colds.
Close eyes and cover head with towel.
Care should be taken to ensure not to burn with water or steam.
After steam inhalation, here are some acupressure points that can help relief the congestion:
- Open your Allergy Calm Roll-On and roll the ball on the forehead, at both sides of your nostrils and your wrists.
- Using the tips of your index fingers apply pressure to either side of the nostrils, the sides of the bridge of the nose, the cheek bones (below the eyes), and on the forehead between the eyebrows and the points shown in this graphic. Stay on each point for about 30 seconds.
- Slide your fingers upwards from the crease of the wrist towards the forearm.
- Apply pressure to the indent where the thumb and index finger meet.This point can be helpful to relief to sinus headaches and cold symptoms.
Be consistent, follow these steps every evening and you’ll see the results.
* The essential oils in this product have been used to stabilize mast cell response to allergens, prevent histamine release and decrease allergic reactions.
© 2011, Cristina Proano-Carrion, Aromandina LLC -aromatherapy blog
This information is based on traditional use of aromatherapy and it does not intend to diagnose or treat any condition. This information should not be used as a substitute for medical counseling with a health care professional. No part of this article may be reproduced in whole or in part without the explicit written permission of Aromandina.
Reference:How to Use Acupressure Points for Sinus Relief